I wear many hats. Some battered, some new: Entrepreneur, Learning Architect, People Development Consultant. Recently turned Mom and Career Strategist.
As a Career Strategist I am a no-bullshit, truth-teller:
- Assist women in planning career moves aligned with their identity – from resigning strategies, to healthier work-life balance tools
- Propose solutions – from CV customization to fit specific jobs, industry switch competency plan design, to personal branding makeovers
- Smooth professional transitions – from employee to freelancing or entrepreneurship and vice-versa
- Help you learn anything faster – with my ”Learning Agility Essentials” e-course you can upgrade any skills by becoming a self-directed learner
As a Learning Architect and Consultant I like to design customized people development solutions:
- (e)Learning design – online and offline content, curriculum, trainers’ manuals, participants’ handouts
- Events design – hackathons, conferences, assessment centers, topic workshops, geeky team buildings
- Social games design – for playful learning, for fun, for a nice evening with your team
- Products & services design – for 360 feedback, recruitment, competencies assessment, talent development
My story started in 2002 when I was 18 and together with 6 friends we founded a company that designed educational software. It made exams’ passing for children, much easier. I finished computer science university and a masters in HR. Since then at every crossroad I chose the path toward work that could make a bigger impact.
In 2007 I started offering business consulting services on HR & IT projects in Rent eBrains. My fascination for cultures and languages got me to manage translation projects in Reb Translations.
I founded Icebreaker Community to be my lab for experiments and games design.
I love being a woman, therefore byArmina.com is the playground where I create elegant tools and useful workshops for women. I think youth need role models, so I created original educational products for Scoala de Valori and through them, I worked with almost 100 famous companies from Romania.
It’s hard to put me in a category and I consider that my strength. A management consultant that behaves like a designer? A learning designer that manages HR projects? An HR obsessed with games design? A trainer and career coach for youth communities? A mother with a knack for self-discovery? Yes, yes, yes and yes!
I am a tireless optimist, designer and thinker who loves a good challenge that could have social impact and has a slight chance of creating a ripple effect. I research, write, draw, train and thus create unexpected solutions for individuals and companies’ problems. I my spare time I like to help people as a career strategist and self-directed learning coach.